An entity shall conduct procurement by means of open tendering unless it meets the requirements for the following listed methods for a competitive process:
- Restricted tendering;
- Request for quotations;
- Request for proposals without negotiation;
- Two-stage tendering;
- Requests for proposals with dialogue;
- Request for proposals with consecutive negotiations;
- Competitive negotiations; and
- Electronic reverse auction.
If the procuring entity uses a method of procurement other than open tendering, it shall include in the business case required under regulation 3 of the Procurement Regulations, a statement justifying the use of that method.