Entities are required to undertake a competitive process when procuring any goods, services or works except where it can be demonstrated that the procurement meets the criteria for the direct award process. CIG’s policy position is for tendering and competition to demonstrate value for money.
The methods for a competitive process include the following:
- Open tendering;
- Restricted tendering;
- Request for quotations;
- Request for proposals without negotiation;
- Two-stage tendering;
- Requests for proposals with dialogue;
- Request for proposals with consecutive negotiations;
- Competitive negotiations; and
- Electronic reverse auction.